Sunday 12 August 2012

What I hope to learn in CS3216


What I hope to learn in CS3216

Firstly I would like to send in my deep apology for my absence from the very first lecture. I tried to negotiate with the travel agency for a few times but didn’t get the ticket changed. Anyway, back to the topic. I really don’t have an exact idea about what I will learn in CS3216. However, based what I heard from my friends, there will be a big leap in my programming skills as a CS minor student. I dearly love programming and this is a good chance for me to meet up with some other languages apart from the basic C++ and Java. To pick up some very practical languages like HTML or CSS is a big reason that drove me to take this module. Teamwork is another big aspect of this module and I hope I can keep up the good spirit I had had with my teammates when taking the module CS2103. Besides, I also hope to learn the entrepreneurial process which transforms a bunch of code and files to real products. That’s something I’ve never touched before.



My absence from the first lecture won’t leave me alone in the class without a group. I have a few friends taking this module as well and I’ve agreed to form the first group with them. Definitely I also hope to meet other new faces later on when new groups are to be formed.



Perhaps I can foresee that a great journey awaits but I couldn’t really tell what I will exactly learn in this module. Maybe things will become clear till the last day, on which I exactly know what I have learnt. To make sure I won’t get confused like a blind fly along the way, the best way is to communicate effectively, stay close with the class and the tutors, and also work hard, making each day count.

No comments:

Post a Comment