Monday 20 August 2012

Week 2 of CS3216


It’s been just 3 days since I touched my hands on the first FB assignment. Loads of new terms and vocabulary have flooded into my brain. PHP, MySQL, web server, EC2, AWS, JavaScript and AjAx…Finally I came to understand my senior’s warning how a layman who doesn’t know anything about web development will die during the first few weeks, or even days.
However, things are actually very promising. Just during the past two nights spent on PHP eBooks and the FB assignment notes, I already felt that I’ve learnt quite a lot. With my past experience in C++ and Java, as well software development, not abundant but rather well practiced, I believe it won’t be an impossible task to grasp PHP and JavaScript for the first assignment.
Anyway time to stop here. A good programmer never writes anything else rather than technical stuff in his blog. From next blog onwards, I’ll try to note down all the technical breakthroughs we’ll have accomplished, as a record for ourselves and for the benefit of others. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh you won't die, don't worry.. hahaha. Once you get a grasp on things you will actually progress very fast.

    I'd caution you against reading too much on PHP, MySQL etc though. A better way would be to start solving the problem using say PHP or JS, get stuck, then google up a solution to get unstuck, then move on.

    That's how most of us work. ;)

    ReplyDelete